Hello Fall, and welcome to Ohio at last.
I love everything about the fall season. The brisk air, the changing foliage, the endless cups of hot tea; it brings me comfort like nothing else…except this apple crisp. Apple Crisp is one of those meals that seems to have superpowers. No matter what kind of day I’ve had, coming home to a warm bowl of crisp brings a smile to my face and a satisfaction to my stomach. It acts as transporter of sorts, bringing me to a delightful apple cinnamon heaven. It may sound a little melodramatic, but I assure you it’s true. I never lie when it comes to dessert.
Earlier this week, the Sanfranola Granola company alerted me of their upcoming 30% off sale on their mini granola boxes. Cue the music. It’s celebration time. Sanfranola granola is one of my favorite brands of granola on the market. Not only does it pass the cluster test with an A+, but it also breaks the scale of healthful nutrition. Each serving packs in 10 grams of protein and absolutely no proccessed sugars. Sanfranola uses only the best wholesome ingredients such as oat bran, whey protein, and flaxseed which keep you full and satsified until your next meal.
The mini travel size boxes of Sanfranola are also perfect for you crazy people who claim you never have time to eat breakfast. Just grab a box on your way to work or school and you will be fueled and ready to conquer the day, without the nuisance of a growling stomach.
Be sure to order yourself plenty of boxes this week, as Sanfranola is also offering an additional 25% off your order when you use the code, #GRANOLALIFE. This is better than costco people! You can order in bulk and get yourself a life time supply of granola!
If I have not enticed you enough with these pictures, here are 34 Science-Backed Health benefits of apples. Now go ahead and celebrate your purchase by dancing around your kitchen and making this apple crisp.
Granola Apple Crisp
- 2 crisp apples (granny smith, honey crisp, and pink lady are some of my favorites)
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup gingersnap Sanfranola granola
- nut butter and greek yogurt for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spray two medium sized ramekins with nonstick spray.
- Cut the two apples into thin slices and fill each ramekin with one sliced apple.
- Sprinkle each ramekin with ¼ tsp of cinnamon and ¼ cup of granola.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes until the apples are tender and the granola is slightly browned. Top with greek yogurt and nut butter.
Until next time, foodie friends. ♥