Sweet and savory combinations.
What’s your take on them? Personally, I am a HUGE fan. Give me all of the apple and brie paninis with a strawberry/basil/balsamic salad on the side.
Even if you’re not a fan of sweet and savory dishes, I’m asking you to jump on the bandwagon this time around. The sweetness of the fig jam compliments the caramelized onions and salty gouda cheesy perfectly. I’m pretty sure this is the specialty dish in food heaven. And if it’s not, it should be. Not to mention this recipe is so simple I don’t even know if I would call it a recipe. It’s a no-recipe recipe. Please try this no-recipe recipe out and let me know what you think. ☺
- 1 slice Sourdough bread
- 4 oz Grilled Chicken Breast (I just eyeball the amount)
- 2 tbsp Caramelized Onions (use this method)
- 1 tbsp Fig Jam
- 1 tbsp Shredded Gouda Cheese
- Toast sourdough bread.
- Spread with fig jam and top with chicken, onions, and cheese.
- Place back in the toaster oven for a minute or so to melt the cheese.
- Eat up.