Mini food is automatically more fun the normal sized food.
You see, the word mini impliess that you can eat three times more of them because they are so small. More is always better. At least in the wonderful world of turmeric parfaits it is.
Can we also take a second to give chia seeds the recognition that they deserve? In chia pudding, overnight oats, chia jam, and even that Spongebob chia pet that’s sitting in your window sill, these superseeds are in the works, absorbing and expanding to create a whole new product. I find it incredible that just 4 tablespoons of chia can absorb an entire cup of liquid! Don’t even get me started on the fact that they can also sprout “hair” on your chia pet.
I have been loving these mini-shooters as an after school snack to give me a little energy boost. Along with a cup of coffee because I am officially addicted. Now that I’m thinking about it, coffee chia pudding would be a BRILLIANT idea. Back to the kitchen I go!
- 1 cup maple turmeric almond milk*
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 1 6 oz container of Wallaby 2% greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- goji berries for topping
- Combine the almond milk and chia seeds in a bowl and stir. Place mixture in the fridge for at least 3 hours (preferably overnight).
- Mix together the greek yogurt and maple syrup and spoon the yogurt evenly into four mini mason jars.
- Spoon chia mixture over top of the yogurt and top with chia seeds. Store parfaits in the fridge for up to one week.
- Did you ever own a chia pet?
- What is your favorite use for chia seeds?