This posted is dedicated to my crazy, amazing, kale loving dance teacher, Erynn.
The other day to dance class, I sported my favorite KALE sweatshirt.Whenever I wear it people either get it or think the makers of the sweatshirt are idiots and spelled Yale wrong. This article of clothing could definitely be used as a social experiment: who are the real health nuts in the room?
As a fellow kale lover, Erynn got the joke immediately and told me that she loves to make her own kale chips. In that moment I felt like a fraud; how could I call myself a health nut when I have never made my own kale chips? With cooking advice from Erynn, I noted the tricks of making these healthy chips and went to pick up ingredients at the grocery store.
While I was at the store picking up kale, I came across Hope Foods kale pesto hummus. Talk about a foodie coincidence! I grabbed that hummus right off the shelve with a dozen eggs, cherry tomatoes, and a handful of kale and rushed to the checkout, anxious to combine my ingredients into a filling meal.
This “recipe” if you could call it that, is so incredibly simple with only 6 ingredients. I don’t know about you, but when I’m hungry, I want food and I want it that instant. This dish is perfect for those days when my stomach cannot wait a second more for a delicious lunch. Put together in less than 10 minutes, this dish is my new go-to for days when I’m short on time.
Now go kale-it yourself my friends.
- 1 large head of kale, torn into smaller pieces
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 eggs
- a handful of cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbsp Hope Foods pesto kale hummus
- Preheat oven to 420 F.
- Drizzle olive oil and nutritional yeast over the tomatoes and kale and bake for about 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pour eggs into a greased skillet and scramble for about 45 seconds to one minute.
- Place eggs on a plate and top immediately with the hummus. Remove kale chips and tomatoes from the oven and place over top of eggs.
- Serve immediately with toast of your choice.