What exactly is aioli? To put it in its simplest terms, it’s mayonnaise. Fancy mayonnaise.
Mayo gets a pretty bad rep in the health world, but in reality, it’s not bad at all. Made with egg yolks, oil, and vinegar, this condiment is full of wholesome, good-for-you fats that will keep you satisfied for longer periods of time. However, many mayo brands on the market are packed with other unnecessary preservatives and colorings. These are the brands that have tainted the delicious condiment’s reputation. But do not fear, Sir Kensington’s mayonnaise is here to save the day.
Sir Kensington’s brand makes mayonnaise with avocado oil and sunflower oil, which are two healthy sources of fat for your daily diet. There are also no added colors or unnecessary preservatives in their products. And all of you vegans out there, they make a vegan mayo with aquafaba for you too.
If your not convinced yet, lay your eyes on this recipe: Baked Fries with Dill Aioli. Aka the most delicious side dish that you will want to eat with every meal. Even breakfast. My inspiration for this recipe came from the Nordstrom restaurant. If you ever are shopping in a Nordstrom’s location with a restaurant attached, GO! And please order their shoe string fries with olive aioli. It is heaven on the tastebuds. I don’t even like olives, but this aioli takes the cake. Or should I say fries.
With the abundance of fresh dill in my garden, I decided to make a dill rendition with baked fries for a lighter twist. Yukon Gold potatoes are a must for this recipe, as they give the fries a buttery taste with no butter or oil at all.
- 5 medium yukon gold potatoes, cut into wedges
- ⅓ cup Sir Kensington's Avocado Oil Mayonnaise
- ⅓ cup Greek Yogurt
- 1 heaping tbsp chopped fresh dill
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Place potato wedges on a parchment lined cookie sheet and bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown, flipping the potato wedges halfway through the baking time.
- While the potatoes are in the oven, prepare the aioli with the remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
- Serve fries immediately with the dill aioli.