Good Monday Morning, or whatever day and time it is that you are reading this. After taking a a little blogging hiatus, I am refreshed and ready as ever to bring you delicious and wholesome treats. And real meals too. For some reason, the sweet stuff always has me preoccupied and actual lunches and dinners get overlooked. Not anymore. I’ve got several savory dishes up my sleeve that I will hopefully be sharing with you in the next few weeks.
But today I’m here to bring you muffins. Cinnamon Roll Banana bread muffins that are sure to knock your socks off. Whenever I think of a cinnamon roll, I automatically imagine a spiral of dough that is bigger than my face, slathered in glossy white frosting from Cinnabon. Although this recipe doesn’t fit that description, these muffins are just as delectable, or perhaps more so because they are healthy, filling, and you can eat more than one without going into a massive sugar comma.
To make these small but mighty muffins all the more mighty I added Cinnamon Roll WakeShake collagen shake mix to the batter to add protein and healthy fats. Usually I am not a fan of protein meal replacements, as they can be especially flavorless and bland. WakeShake, on the other hand, tastes exactly like a real deal cinnamon roll without breaking the nutritional bank. With all natural ingredients and no added sugars, this protein mix is perfect for anyone who has an unquenchable taste for sugar. Aka me. The brand also offers a caramel latté blend that I cannot wait to get my hands on! You can give WakeShake a try yourself and get 10% off your order if you use the code TDF10. Trust me, this cinnamon roll protein is so cinful, you’ll never want to order a Cinnabon Roll again.
- 1½ cups white whole wheat flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ cup WakeShake Cinnamon Roll protein mix
- 3 very ripe bananas, mashed (about 1¼ cups)
- ⅓ cup drippy almond butter
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup almond milk
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed + 6 tbsp water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp cream cheese
- ½ tbsp WakeShake Cinnamon Roll protein mix
- 1 tbsp powdered sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 325 F.
- Mix the flaxseed and water together in a small bowl and set aside to gel for about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, and cinnamon roll protein mix in a medium bowl.
- In a separate, larger bowl, combine the mashed bananas, almond butter, maple syrup, almond milk, and flax seed mixture. Slowly mix in the dry ingredients, being careful not to overmix.
- Spoon the batter into 12 greased muffin cavities.
- Bake muffins for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- While the muffins are baking, combine all of the ingredients for the glaze in a bowl and beat until smooth. Pour glaze into a ziplock bag with the end cut off to pipe onto the muffins. Place into the fridge until the muffins have cooled. (approximately 30 minutes on a cooling rack)
- Top each muffin with a swirl of the glaze and devour! Muffins will keep at room temperature for up to 3 days, or in the fridge for about a week.